|
plan du site | contact

Bienvenue sur cet espace de discussion ouvert à tous !
La passion des Beatles nous réunit,
mais tous les sujets sont possibles, vous avez la parole
et nous sommes là pour répondre à vos questions !

Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Messagerie privée Rechercher Rechercher
Liste des Membres Liste des Membres Profil Profil
Connexion Connexion FAQ FAQ
S'enregistrer S'enregistrer (nouvel utilisateur)
  Lucy in the web Index du Forum > L'actualité des Beatles
  Sujet : John Lennon au Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Don Everly

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 28, 2014 11:18 am    Sujet du message: John Lennon au Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Répondre en citant

20 years ago, in 1994, John Lennon was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist. The Museum's Lennon collection includes many of his handwritten lyrics, including those of "Beautiful Boy" and "(Just Like) Starting Over."

A chicky little of your own ! "
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Don Everly

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 28, 2014 11:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

McCartney's Letter to Lennon

In 1994, John Lennon was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist. His longtime friend and musical collaborator Paul McCartney, making his first Hall of Fame appearance, inducted Lennon. More personal than the traditional induction speech, McCartney read a "letter" to Lennon, recounting a number of moving memories and thanking Lennon.

McCartney shared stories from their earliest attempts at writing songs together, teaching Lennon guitar chords and visiting Lennon's "Mum's house." He talked of their hotel visits with Little Richard and Gene Vincent, and spending time with Elvis Presley. He recalled Lennon's advice for handling the vocals on the Beatles' "Kansas City" and the "sneaky little look" they shared during the writing of "A Day In The Life." McCartney discussed meeting "this girl called Yoko Ono" – who later accepted Lennon's Hall of Fame Award on behalf of her late husband. The heartfelt letter moved many to tears.

"The joys you told me about how you were baking bread now and how you were playing with your little baby Sean," said McCartney of reconnecting with Lennon later in life. "That was great for me, because it gave me something to hold on to."

A chicky little of your own ! "
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: